Skilled Arlington Heights Dental Implant Restorations
If you are experiencing discomfort or pain from tooth loss, dental implants could be an excellent solution. At Arlington Comfort Dental, we offer comprehensive treatment with dental implant placement and restoration. Dr. Gary Relias works with our trusted oral surgeon to help renew your smile's function, health, and beauty with your best interests in mind.
We make sure to tailor your care to prioritize your oral health needs and comfort. Our team proudly serves individuals looking to restore their smiles with dental implants in Arlington Heights, Buffalo Grove, and Mt. Prospect. Contact us today to schedule your consultation!
CALL US: (847) 255-4575 REQUEST APPOINTMENT
What are Dental Implants?
Dental implants are posts that serve as artificial roots for missing teeth. Implants are the only tooth replacement treatment that can become a permanent part of your jawbone. This is because our oral surgeon uses body-safe titanium that fuses with living bone and tissue in a process called osseointegration.
Dental implants comprise three parts: the implant post, the abutment, and the restoration. The implant post acts as your new tooth root. The abutment is a tiny piece that connects your post to your restoration. Your restoration can include a porcelain crown, bridge, or denture appliance. We design them to look, feel, and function like natural teeth when attached to your dental implant.
Why Do I Need Dental Implants?
Because a dental implant replaces a tooth from root to crown, it helps preserve your smile and overall health in many ways. Teeth that are lost also have missing roots. The longer they remain missing, the more it can impact oral and overall health. For example, without the stimulation your jawbone needs to stay strong and healthy, the bone in your jaw begins to shrink. This can affect everything from neighboring teeth to speaking, chewing, digestion, and facial feature preservation.
Dental implants can improve your overall quality of life for many reasons, including:
- Filling in a gap from a missing tooth keeps surrounding teeth in place.
- Restoring the root stimulates your jawbone, preserving facial features.
- Renewing biting and chewing abilities helps promote proper nutrition and digestion.
What Dental Implant Treatments Do You Offer?
No matter how many teeth you are missing, we can provide permanent teeth replacement options. After our consultation, we will place one or more dental implants in the jawbone. After placement, the living tissue and bone bond with your implant post for three to six months. A trusted lab will craft your dental restoration during this time. Our implant treatments include:
- Crowns that replace one missing tooth using a single dental implant
- Bridges made to restore several lost teeth using two or more implants
- Partial Dentures that can replace multiple missing teeth
- Complete Dentures designed to restore an entire arch of missing teeth
- All-On-4® system that uses four dental implants to replace an entire set of lost teeth
Dental Implant Pretreatment Options
If teeth have been missing in your smile for a long time, it could lead to bone loss in your jaw. You may also need treatment to help rid your gums of infection before implant placement. Other times, you may not have enough room in your upper jaw to hold your implant without help. We work with a skilled oral surgeon for many of these treatments.
Some of the dental implant pretreatments we offer include:
- Gum Disease Treatment: Advanced gum disease can cause tooth loss and damage your smile and gums. If you need dental implant treatment but have active gum disease, our dentist can perform periodontal scaling and root planing to remove plaque and bacteria. This also helps promote proper gum reattachment and healing.
- Sinus Lift: Our oral surgeon creates more space between your sinuses and upper jaw by applying small amounts of healthy bone material. If there is bone loss, we may need to lift the sinus area to make room for a bone graft.
- Bone Graft: The purpose of a bone graft is to add bone mass to your jawbone. We place a small amount of healthy bone to build up your jawbone's volume to support dental implants properly.
Arlington Heights Dental Implants FAQs
We understand that choosing a dentist to provide dental implants is a big decision. You want to find a skilled dentist who can provide reliable dental implants and dental restorations. Our team is here to answer your questions and address your concerns so you feel confident in your care. Here are some of the commonly asked questions we receive.
Adults with good oral and overall health can usually receive dental implants. Even those who have bone loss can have treatment after a bone graft. However, we do not recommend treatment for long-time smokers or those with certain autoimmune conditions. Dental implants are also not recommended for children or teens whose dental structure is still developing. Our team can determine if you are a good candidate for treatment with dental implants.
Dental implant posts bond to your jawbone and become a permanent part of your jawbone. Dental restorations stand up to consistent use and get worn down over time. You can expect your dental restorations to last 10-15 years with proper care and routine checkups at our practice.
Once we replace your teeth with dental implants, you can treat them like natural, healthy teeth. Good, consistent oral hygiene paired with professional cleanings and exams every six months play a crucial role in preserving your new smile.
Quality Teeth Replacements in Arlington Heights
If you have missing teeth, our team at Arlington Comfort Dental invites you to start on the path toward a new, restored smile. Dr. Gary Relias and his skilled team are excited to help you enjoy beautiful and functional teeth that last. We look forward to meeting you and learning how we can assist with dental implants. Contact our practice today for more information about our Arlington Heights dental implants!
CALL US: (847) 255-4575 REQUEST APPOINTMENT